What is the Katech Whistler?
The WHISTLER is an electronic device that instantly determines the compression ratio of virtually any engine.
Using the WHISTLER is easy, just remove a spark plug and screw the WHISTLER adapter in its place. Enter the number of cylinders, CID, and temperature of the engine into the WHISTLER. Then, bring the engine to TDC and the unit will display the compression ratio to the nearest tenth of a point.
Used by these sanctioning bodies:
All you need is a low volume air source and a 120V AC supply
- Works with 4, 6, or 8 cylinder engines, but can be used with 2, 10, or 12 cylinder engines with a simple calculation
- 2 cylinder – enter 4 cylinder and divide displacement by .5
- 10 cylinder – enter 4 cylinder and multiply displacement by .4
- 12 cylinder – enter 6 cylinder and divide displacement by .5
- Cubic inches from 6 to 600, but can be used with larger displacement with a simple calculation
- Divide the number of cylinders and the displacement equally
- Engine temperature range 30 to 200 deg f
Included with the WHISTLER:
- Spark plug adapters
- 5/8″; 14 x 1.25mm; Long; Gasket
- 5/8″; 14 x 1.25mm; Long; Tapered Seat
- 5/8″; 14 x 1.25mm; Short; Tapered Seat
- 5/8″; 12 x 1.25mm; Long; Tapered Seat
- 13/16″; 14 x 1.25mm; Short; Gasket
- 13/16″; 18 x 1.25mm; Short; Tapered Seat
- Verification bottle (allows you to check the accuracy of the unit at any time)
- Easy to understand instruction sheet
12mm spark plug adapter optional
Is your whistler in need of calibration or repair?
For calibration or repair services, fill out the request form and send to the address below.
24324 Sorrentino Ct.
Clinton Twp., MI 48035
NOTE: Whistler repair/calibration services will be offline until 9/1/15. Any Whistlers sent in now will not be started until then.
Calibration only: $300
Repair and calibration: $400 plus parts