Keeping current with the model changes in 2007, Pontiac decided to campaign two G6 GXP.Rs in Grand-Am GT, with the Banner Racing Team and Pratt & Miller teams. Supplying the new LS2 engines, the team picked up three victories and six pole positions, keeping the Pontiac brand on the right track. These competitive cars allowed for a runner-up finish in both team and driver standings. The second season for the GXP.R with Banner Racing proved to be the charm. The team won four races, capturing all three championships for the team, the drivers and for the manufacturer Pontiac. Katech powered Pontiac to victory right to the end of the brand and helped Pontiac go out with a bang.
- Grand-Am GT Team – Second place
- Grand-Am GT Driver – Second place
- Grand-Am GT Manufacturer’s Championship
- Grand-Am GT Driver’s Championship
- Grand-Am GT Team Championship