Katech’s Trans-Am success stories are based on a dominance during a time frame when the manufacturers were waging their corporation wars in this venue. Katech record set in the era still remain unchallenged. Katech had one car complete 517 laps of 517 laps attempted. 40 victories and 17n pole positions over this time frame. Katech won with a carbureted V6, a fuel injected V6 and a carbureted V8.
During this section of time, Katech engines were without question the dominating factor. Manufacturers championships and drivers championships were won five times in the seven years. If the racing success defines the entity, the success in this series validates it.
67 Finishes/68 starts
0 engine failures in 5 years running
- 1990 – Driver Tommy Kendall
- 1991 – Driver Scott Sharp
- 1992 – Driver Jack Baldwin
- 1993 – Driver Scott Sharp
- 1994 – Driver Scott Pruett
- 1990 – Chevrolet – Team Spice Engineering
- 1991 – Chevrolet – Team Jim Miller Racing
- 1992 – Chevrolet – Team MTI
- 1993 – Chevrolet – Team American Equipment Racing
- 1995 – Chevrolet – Team Roush Racing