Katech is a premier performance engine and vehicle builder serving the aftermarket, motorsports, and corporate markets for more than 40 years.
Our vision is to use what we’ve learned winning races at the most demanding venues worldwide – Indy, Le Mans, Daytona, Sebring, Dakar, and many more – to develop, build, and deliver the best engines and vehicle components and packages available anywhere.
For driving enthusiasts we are developing a steady stream of Katech branded components and engine and vehicle packages – from ported throttle bodies, heads and blowers; to 1000+ horsepower engines; to complete vehicle builds including suspensions, brakes, wheels, and aero.
For our motorsports customers we are building custom, extreme horsepower-and-torque race engines renown for durability. We also provide series engines built to spec, series program development and management, and track support.
For our corporate clients, we are prototyping and manufacturing current and next-generation engine components to demanding specifications, on time and on budget.
Extreme performance. Exceptional durability. Outstanding quality.
It’s who we are and what we offer: a vision to be the best.
Katech’s roots are set deeply in a legacy of success at many of the premier venues of motorsports. We became known for building engines for the famous GM Corvette Racing team that dominated the U.S. and global GT racing circuits for decades, and have never looked back.
Over the years our engines have powered a who’s who of champions worldwide – among them, A.J. Foyt, Dale Earnhardt, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jimmy Johnson, Johnny O’Connell, Ron Fellows, and many more. Ernie Francis Jr. – the youngest Trans Am Circuit winner ever at 18 years old, and at age 20 the winner of more TA wins than any other driver – has done it all with a Katech engine.
Our awards: 28 Drivers Championships; 24 Manufacturer’s Championships; 3 Busch Grand National Championships; 3 Clevite Busch Engine Builder of the Year; 3 Pikes Peak Hill Climb Super Truck Championship, and more.
Our firsts: first modern GM V16; first E85-powered Corvette; first 500 cubic-inch small block without block modification; first LS7-powered Camaro; first V6 Victory’s in USAC Sprint Car Racing, ASA Car Racing, the All Pro Circuit; and in IMSA Kelly American Series; first V8 Turbocharged Wins in Grand Prix Hydroplane and Class 1 Offshore Racing; first 200 MPH Truck In FIA Group II, Class 9; first U.S. Chassis & Engine Combination GTU Win Since 1977; and on and on.
There are other suppliers of performance auto parts, engines, and vehicles, but few that have proven what we offer on the track and street. If you want the best, come to Katech.
Our racing heritage is a tremendous legacy for which we are extremely proud. But what’s most important is the insight and experience gained through these achievements that allow us to continuously perfect the products and services we provide.
It all happens in our 36,000 square-foot facility located in Metropolitan Detroit. It’s home to an expansive lab and machine shop for our master engine builders, where the same talent serving our motorsports clients serves all our customers.
Our master vehicle builders, working out of our fully equipped car shop, deliver some of the most powerful custom vehicles to the track and road on a daily basis.
Our three engine dynamometer labs and three engine performance labs provide high-end testing for our motorsports, corporate, and enthusiast customers, and also serves as a stage for developing our expanding line of aftermarket products.
And our fully equipped CNC lab delivers everything from one-off parts, to prototype runs, to long-run component manufacturing for vehicle OEMs worldwide.
Katech runs a very flat operation, where every team member is responsible for the success of the other. We are all accessible. We are all accountable. With our customers, we all win together.
Please feel free to contact any of our management team.
Steve Spurr: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Manufacturing
Garry Franklin: email@example.com
As an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, we follow the requirements set forth to ensure that we are consistently producing products, processes and services that meet world class standards.
Katech Quality Policy:
Katech provides simple or complex manufactured parts on time, at a fair price, that fit the design intent of function and exceed quality expectations.
We are committed to customer satisfaction, meeting all applicable requirements and the continuous improvement of our quality management system.
Method of Payment
Katech accepts cash (USD), VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, wire transfer, USPS, money orders, and certified checks as payment and prepayment on all orders. Engine and vehicle projects require cleared funds before delivery. For more expeditious shipments and deliveries, final payments should be made by wire transfer, credit card, or cash. Maximum amount of a credit card transaction for a single product is $10,000.
Katech requires a 50% deposit on all crate engine and vehicle package orders. The balance must be paid upon completion, prior to delivery. Payments made by credit card are subject to a 3% additional fee. All shipping charges are responsibility of customer (inbound & outbound).
Katech orders are shipped via UPS. Katech does not ship with USPS, FedEx or DHL. Domestic freight shipments beyond the limits of UPS are shipped via freight carrier. International freight shipments beyond the limits of UPS are shipped via an international freight forwarding company that will select the best carrier for the region and time frame allotted. Vehicles are shipped via enclosed transporter; carriers are used based on region and availability. Katech will not ship on a customer’s UPS account. Katech will not deliver without a signature or instruct a carrier to “leave on porch” or otherwise.
All special order items will be charged in full, or at an agreed to partial payment, at the time of the order. All special order items will be processed in the most efficient and timely manner possible. Katech will not be held responsible for delays beyond their control. No cancellations, refunds, exchanges or credits will be honored for any special order or custom built items. The approximate time of arrival is only an approximation and not a guarantee. Katech will not be held responsible for specific ship-to or receiving dates of a special order. Refusal of a special order shipment does not constitute your right to a refund of any kind whatsoever.
New Parts Returns
You may return purchases of stocking items for refund or exchange, excluding shipping expenses, within 30 days of invoice date. Katech will not accept any items that have been installed, modified, or damaged, and items must be in their original packaging and in new condition. We do not accept returns of electronic components, including but not limited to wiring harnesses or adapters.
To make a return, contact us for an RMA number and instructions. Returns without an RMA will not be accepted.
Please allow 10 business days for the refund to be processed and completed.
Special Order Returns
Any items not normally stocked for sale by Katech is considered a special order. Special ordered items cannot be returned. Once the order is placed, and your full or partial payment is retained, it cannot be cancelled.
All eBay and Forum used parts sales are as-is and final.
Upon request, parts removed from vehicles or engines will be returned to the customer at the time of delivery or shipment. Parts not requested at the time of delivery or shipment are forfeited and become property of Katech.
No refunds will be given on used parts. No warranty is given on used parts.
New Parts Warranty
Katech-manufactured parts with a KAT part number prefix are warranted against defects in materials or workmanship for 90 days from the purchase date and are not transferable. New parts warranty does not cover installation labor. Katech does not warranty parts that are made by other manufactures. Refer to the manufacturer for warranty information. Katech warranty excludes but is not limited to:
• damage due to improper use or installation;
• physical damage from impact, crash, road debris, or use of improper cleaning products;
• damage from racing or other high-speed use;
• shipping damage – refer to shipping damage claim policy;
• collateral damage from another product failure; and
• normal wear and tear including brakes or clutch disks.
Katech warrants its engines to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 3 years/36,000 miles for engines installed in vehicles at Katech’s facility, or for 90 days for engines installed by anyone other than Katech. Katech warranty excludes but is not limited to:
• racing on track events, private or sanctioned;
• improper installation;
• improper lubrication including incorrect oil or oil starvation;
• improper calibration, electronics failure, or fuel starvation;
• defects in materials or workmanship of a supplier or outside manufacturer;
• failure due to over-rev; and
• damage due to foreign object ingestion, sand, dirt, or improper filtration.
Katech Performance (Katech) warrants all parts and workmanship for a period of (3) three years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first, when put into normal use. The Warranty Period begins on the invoice date of the warrantied vehicle. Katech’s obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repair or replacement, at its option, of any parts deemed to be defective under normal use within the terms of this warranty. Katech shall conduct an examination and determine to its satisfaction that the products in question are, in fact, defective.
• Transferability And Eligibility
The Limited Warranty is not transferable and is only available to the original retail purchaser. The Limited Warranty is only available for vehicles that have been and/or will be used only in non-competition and non-commercial environments
• Specific Coverage
Katech Performance Limited Warranty applies to the following:
• entire engine (if built/rebuilt by Katech) in sealed form up to and including the water pump will be free from defects in material and workmanship when used in a manner covered by this limited warranty;
• engine, cooling circuit, transmission and differential installation workmanship (if applicable);
• suspension installation workmanship for front/rear swaybars, coil-over shocks, brakes and wheels (if applicable); and
• interior leather upgrade installation workmanship (if applicable).
In the event of warranty coverage, all labor and parts for the repair of the engine are covered by Katech. Katech may, at its option, replace the engine with a new or equivalent assembly or components.
Items are only applicable if they were specifically upgraded or worked on by Katech Performance.
• Specific Exclusions
Katech Performance Limited Warranty does not apply to the following:
• racing or track events, private or sanctioned, void any and all warranty;
• user error (eg: over-revs or missed shifts), abuse, misuse or negligence resulting in damage is not covered by the limited warranty;
• modifications or alteration to the powertrain including but not limited to mechanical part changes or ECM calibrations;
• NOTE: any alteration to the powertrain may void any and all warranty;
• damage or failure caused by failure of other components, vehicle accident or foreign matter causing damage to or inducted into engine, is excluded from warranty;
• damage caused by detonation, overheating, improper fuel or lubricant use is not covered by the limited warranty;
• improper maintenance;
• damage or failure caused by improper maintenance or by failure to follow suggested maintenance schedule intervals and failure to use or maintain proper fuel, fluid, lubricant and specifications as recommended by the manufacturer as outlined in your Owner’s Manual or by Katech or in other vehicle reference materials is not covered;
• all service procedures outlined in the Owner’s Manual or other vehicle reference materials must be performed at the recommended intervals to maintain this warranty. All maintenance procedures are performed at the Owner’s expense. Vehicle lubrication, cleaning, waxing, or polishing is done at the Owner’s expense and at the Owner’s risk. Damage or failure due to improper service procedures or services performed by unqualified personnel is not covered. Wear items such as filters, spark plugs and wires and accessory belts are specifically not covered;
• NOTE: any unauthorized repair may void warranty;
• normal tire wear or wear-out is not covered;
• road hazard damage such as punctures, cuts, snags, and breaks resulting form pothole impact, curb impact, or from other objects is specifically not covered;
• damage from improper inflation, spinning (as when stuck in mud or snow), tire chains, racing, competition use, improper mounting or dismounting, misuse, negligence, alteration, vandalism, misapplication, or misalignment is not covered;
• damage or failure caused by airborne contaminants or fallout (chemicals, acid rain, tree sap, soot) stones, insects, hail, earthquake, flood, tornado, lightning, or other natural disaster, the application of unapproved chemicals or sealant subsequent to manufacturer is not covered;
• accessories, including power steering, alternator, A/C compressor and associated plumbing, fluids and pulleys, are not covered under the Limited Warranty;
• any consequential losses, damages or expenses are not covered, including, but not limited to, loss of vehicle use; inconvenience; storage; payment for lost time or pay; vehicle rental expense; vehicle transportation, towing or shipping costs; lodging, meals, or other travel-related costs; federal, state, or local taxes required on warranty repairs;
• parts not manufactured by or expressly for Katech Inc., are warranted by original manufacturer only, if any warranty exists;
• Katech does not warranty any outside manufacturer products to be free from material or workmanship defects in any manner;
• warranty coverage does not apply if the odometer has been disconnected, altered, or its mileage cannot be accurately determined;
• this warranty is deemed null and void on all vehicles currently or previously titled as “salvaged”, “scrapped”, “totaled”, or “junked”.
Katech reserves the right to tear-down, inspect and evaluate any component failures to deem warrantability prior to covering any claims. If final diagnosis of failure is excluded, all expenses, replacement parts, and labor are the responsibility of the customer. Products not returned to Katech will not be warranted.
There is no implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This warranty is expressly in lieu of all other warranties expressed or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for use and of all other obligations or liabilities on the part of Katech. Katech makes no warranty whatsoever with respect to accessories or parts not supplied by Katech. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other legal rights, which vary from state to state and country to country.
• SAFETY WARNINGS:
SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH MAY RESULT FROM THE IMPROPER OPERATION OR MAINTENANCE OF ANY MOTOR VEHICLE. ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS. AIRBAGS CAN INJURE OR KILL UNBELTED OCCUPANTS. DO NOT PLACE CHILDREN IN FRONT OF AIRBAGS UNDER ANY CONDITIONS. ALWAYS OBEY ALL POSTED SPEED LIMITS. HIGH SPEED ACCIDENTS CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH. SEE THE OWNER’S MANUAL AND OTHER VEHICLE DOCUMENTATION FOR ADDITIONAL WARNINGS AND ALWAYS FOLLOW THE RECOMMENDATIONS SET FORTH IN THE OWNER’S MANUAL UNDER ALL CONDITIONS. KATECH INC. IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, DEATH SUSTAINED OR RESULTING FROM THE OPERATION OF ANY MOTOR VEHICLE OR RELATED ACCIDENTS CAUSED BY SAID VEHICLES UNDER ANY CONDITION. OPERATOR ERROR OR MISJUDGMENT IS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF KATECH INC.
Cost of Warranty Returns
Return of parts, engines, or vehicles for a warranty claim are at the customer’s expense. Upon approval of a warranty claim Katech may reimburse transportation or shipping charges, as it sees fit. All warranty claims are subject to inspections and at the sole discretion of Katech’s Engineering Department.
Items purchased with a core charge are eligible for a core refund. These items, can be returned within 30 days. Core returns older than 30 days will not be accepted. Core returns without the original invoice in the box will not be accepted. Core returns are subject to inspection and may be refused if it does not meet Katech standards. Customers should properly pack and insure the shipment. Please allow 10 business days for the refund to be completed. To make a core return, put a copy of the original invoice in the box and send to:
24324 Sorrentino Ct.
Clinton Twp., MI 48035
All approved refunds will be paid either by a company check, credit card, or account credit corresponding to original method of payment. If the original credit card used for the purchase is no longer valid or the time frame for the return has expired, a check will be issued. Please allow up to 10 business days to process a refund.
Katech insures all products shipped to cover any incidental damage incurred during shipment. Please notify Katech immediately and document damage as soon as possible. Damage notification must be made within 2 business days of delivery. For best results, do not accept a shipment if it appears to be damaged upon delivery. Refuse the shipment and contact Katech immediately. In the event of damage, Katech will issue a claim and the shipper will pick up the product at the original ship to location. The damaged product must be in its original packaging with all components for inspection. Replacement merchandise will be sent out once the damage claim is in the possession of Katech. If replacement merchandise is required more quickly, the customer may purchase a second part to be sent out immediately at their cost and when the damaged merchandise is returned to Katech a credit can be made.
Refused shipments (without prior approval) are automatically subject to a 20% restocking fee plus return shipping charges. Orders that are undeliverable and/or re-shipped to the customer are subject to shipping charges (at normal shipping rates) and/or restocking fee of 20%.
Please contact Katech via phone during business hours or via email for technical support on any products purchased from Katech:
Right of Service
Katech Inc. reserves the right to refuse sales or service to anyone, at anytime, for any reason without explanation if it is in the best interest of Katech as a company and its customer base as a whole.
Missing or Incorrect Orders
In the event of missing components or incorrect order fulfillment, contact Katech within 2 business days of receipt of shipment. Katech will correct or fill the order correctly within 2 days if at all possible with no shipping charges.
Installation of Products
Katech strongly recommends that a trained professional install all parts. Improper installation of any part may void the warranty (if any) and cause injury or death.
Emission and OEM Warranty Statement
Some products sold at Katech may void the warranty (if any) of the vehicle on which you are installing the product. Some products may have an adverse effect on emissions and may not be legal for sale in the State of California. International customers are responsible for local emissions laws where applicable. It is the customer’s responsibility to check with local, state, and federal laws, and manufacturers and service departments, before ordering any products from Katech.
Katech is open for business from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Support or onsite orders outside of these business hours may incur an additional fee.
Katech will never sell, lease, or otherwise give any of the information about any of our customers to anyone, no exceptions. Katech may very rarely take advantage of our customer database to provide current customers with product information about automotive performance products, in which we believe, they will be interested. We will immediately honor any request that this service be discontinued. Katech will never keep any customer information on our network servers. Customer information is kept on a non-networked machine. Katech will not accept or relay any unsolicited commercial email (spam) from any third party to our customers. Any spam received by us is reported to the abuse authority for the particular domain and if the spam persists, the offending mail server is banned from sending additional email to katechengines.com.
All Rights Reserved. All text and photographs are the property of Katech Inc. or the respective content owners. It is unlawful to reproduce, copy, resell, or redistribute this information with the express written consent of Katech Inc.