Katech Car Billet Belt Tensioner
Note, 4th Gen Camaro, Firebird and GTO require stachions sold separately, see below.
Katech Engineering LLC. has been involved with the C5-R racing program since 1997. One of the first production product lines to stem from this partnership was the KAT-A4425 tensioner assembly. One of the most common issues in the C5-R racing program was throwing a belt on track. This is a hazard for all competitive drivers due to the sudden loss in power steering, charging, and cooling. This hazard was present in many sanctioned race series involving the LS engines. An OEM pulley is used with raised belt keepers to also reduce the belts ability from walking away from the belt centerline. Being the tried-and-true solution to Corvette belt issues, this product brings race-proven solutions to the streets for consumers worldwide. This product also works for all applications that have an LS-powered V8 engine.
- Machined from USA 6061 T6 Aluminum
- Anodized Tensioner with Laser-Etched Logo
- FEA-analyzed design to reduce weight and optimize rigidity
- OEM Tensioner Pulley with raised belt guides
- All necessary hardware for most applications (KAT-4428 qty 2 needed for F-body and GTO applications sold separately)
- Installation time of less than 15 minutes
- The original aftermarket tensioner approved for most sanctioned race series involving LS engines
- 2010-2012 Camaro requires Gates belt part number K060827. See related products.
- 2013-2015 Camaro requires Gates belt part number K060790. See related products.
- Not for supercharged engine applications unless the supercharger has a dedicated drive.
- For use on the street, road-course, and drag strip
- Item Requires Shipping
- 2.0 lbs.
- W5.0000” x H5.0000” x L5.0000”
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.